Friday, September 4, 2009

Meeting Kristen Dabrowski


"HI! I'm here!" This bubbly greeting was my first introduction to Kristen Dabrowski, one of the authors of the My First Acting Series. The energy and excitement she clearly communicates in her series was there in her enthusiastic hello.

Teachers looking for great ideas for their classrooms picked up the My First Acting Series, the Teacher's Guide and the Acting Technique book as Kristen talked with endless animation about how effective this series is in action. The AATE/ATHE conference sponsored the author's book signing and it drew crowds of teachers to the Smith & Kraus booth.

One educator teaches autistic children and she purchased an entire series, complete with Teachers Guide. "The My First Acting Series is full of great ideas. I can't wait to use it!"

It is easy to see why the series is so effective with such an imaginative author like Kristen Dabrowski, who is opening her own school of drama, SPOTLIGHT, and using her imaginative series in the curriculum!

Check back next week for more information about a summer program that used the My First Acting Series.

Make sure you click on the link for Smith & Kraus Publishers at the top of this page to see what exciting new offers are available to teachers on their website!

No comments: